Last quarter of the 14th century
cm 22 x 16.5 x Ø 13.4
The jug has a bi-conical shape and is decorated in the typical trend of the “archaic majolica”: three parallel strips painted with copper green and manganese brown patterns. A shield is painted in the front part, it groups three coats of arm of the Manfredi’s family, the Lords of Faenza from 1313 to 1505. In the Middle Ages the Manfredis’ heraldry was the most popular in the majolica vessels, so that it is supposed the existence of great table sets with coats of arms. During the Renaissance the ceramics decorated with coat of arm and emblems became very popular in the Courts and among noble people.